Some of you may already know about our moving truck or seen it around town (with our smiling faces on it!), which we allow any past or current customers to use free of charge. It's just one way we try to give back to our wonderful clients and community! But now, we are going to put our moving truck to work helping our fellow North Carolinians on the coast after Hurricane Florence passes through. Current predictions show the monster storm hitting our coast late Thursday or Friday.
Here's a list of North Carolina counties under mandatory evacuation, according to NC Emergency Management:
- Dare County – mandatory evacuation for entire county effective 7 a.m. Tuesday, Sept 11
- Hyde County – mandatory evacuation for residents to Ocracoke effective Tuesday, Sept 11
- New Hanover County – mandatory evacuation for UNC-Wilmington
- Onslow County – mandatory evacuation of Topsail Beach effective Tuesday, Sept 11
- Pamlico County
- Tyrell County
- Currituck County – mandatory evacuation for Currituck Outer Banks (Corolla and Carova) effective 7 a.m. Tuesday, Sept 11
And here is a list of North Carolina beaches under mandatory evacuation:
- Atlantic Beach
- Indian Beach
- Emerald Isle
- Pine Knoll Shores
- Wrightsville Beach
- Currituck Beach
- Outer Banks (visitors)
- Oak Island (visitors)
- Holden Beach (visitors)
Supplies are already depleted in the area, and of course supplies will be even thinner after the storm. So, we are turning our Black Mountain office at 100 W. State Street into a supply drop-off center until Tuesday, September 18 at 5pm. Please HELP US HELP OUR COAST and FILL OUR TRUCK with water bottles, first aid kits, canned goods, batteries, sanitation/personal hygiene supplies, etc. Here's a list of other suggested supplies: https://beprepared.com/blog/16381/20-must-have-supplies-for-a-hurricane/.
Let's pull together as a community and help our coast heal after the storm. No donation is too small. THANK YOU, and please spread the word to your family and friends in Western North Carolina. See you at the office!